1) Every time I pick up a $27 can of formula, I cringe a little bit. It lasts about 3 days, so we're saying it costs about $9/day to feed our baby S (after having been free for 6 months). HOWEVER. Formula has been LIFE CHANGING for us. The best kind of change. She is so happy, so balanced, so settled and SO SLEEPING. She slept 12 hours plus the past 2 nights. STRAIGHT THROUGH THE NIGHT. I started giving her oatmeal 2 times a day this week so maybe there is some small coincidence that the solids are a part of this sleep magic, but considering most of it ends up on the bib just yet? I cannot imagine that it is the sole reason for said sleep awesomeness.
2) She also cut her 2 bottom front teeth this week. And I am kinda like HOW THE HECK did that happen?!?!? Because she hasn't been terribly fussy and is sleeping better than ever. I theorize she used up all her night waking the first 6 months and we are on a sleep easy train from here on out? (wishful thinking, to say the least)
3) Being well rested is wonderful. I feel like a totally different person than I was 3 weeks ago. No one appreciates this more than the people who live under this roof with me.
4) The baby also went through a major growth spurt at some point in the past few weeks. She shot right out of all her 6M size clothes so I hurried up to buy what cold weather 9M stuff I could find. And? She is totally filling them out already, doesn't look big on her at all. I suspect she'll be in 12M before I blink.
5) Oatmeal. She's doing pretty good with it. I also gave her a sippy cup for the first time. She makes the most hilarious face whenever she actually gets water out of it.... a total "WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?!" face. Then she opens her mouth wide and all the water spills out on to her. I am going to start giving her apple later this week.
6) With the sleeping and the eating and teeth emergence also seems to have come a new found mobility. She is ALL OVER THE PLACE. I leave her in one spot and find her completely across the room when I come back. So, no more leaving the baby alone for a quick second. Anyone know where I can find a baby cage?
7) Little L is doing GREAT. Potty training is just done, it seems. I'm still doing pull-ups for sleep and plan to continue that until she asks me not to herself. She wakes up dry most of the time so she's not really relying on them. I think they are more for my comfort than hers. (I do enough laundry as it is, let's not tempt the fates) It is weird hearing the toilet just randomly flush on its own and not having to worry about changing her, but I love it.
8) She is such a chatterbox, it gets better/funnier everyday. I cannot believe some of the things that come out of her mouth. She also makes up her own songs and will stand on "THE STAGE" (our fireplace hearth) and sing her lungs out while dancing. I took a video of this the other night and realized we were going on 10 minutes of filming. She also really loves to make us laugh. I suspect we have a little performer on our hands.
9) I am cooking like crazy again. I am so glad to have that "WHAT ON EARTH CAN I EAT?!?!" pressure gone off of me. I have moments where I'll be eating and pause and FREAK that I just ate something I wasn't supposed to... and then I realize it is ok. I think the best part of this is being out and not feeling like I have to rush home just so I can eat something. Going to the mall is no longer terribly worrisome, like I have to HURRY HURRY HURRY and get out of the before we all get hungry. And? I gave baby S a bottle at the mall the other day and it was just so EASY. I know a lot of people are fine nursing in public, but I never was, so I spent a great deal of stress planning out feeding since FEW public places have private areas for nursing mothers (though, if you live in DFW, NorthParkMall has totally got the BEST nursing set up ever). Just pulling a bottle out of a bag and popping it in was so nice and easy. Everyone was happy. Especially Little L, we were at the DISNEYSTORE!
10) Speaking of Disney, I think we've decided to go later this year--hopefully in the fall. People will think we are crazy for taking a 3 year old and a 1 year old but we don't really care. I think it will be a ridiculous amount of fun. Plus? I haven't been out of Texas in 5 years so I NEED A VACATION. I'd like to make it a long enough trip so we can hit the beach, too. We were thinking about taking a cruise but then, literally, within an hour of discussing it that whole Italy thing happened. So, no. No cruise for us.
11) How is it February already? How is that even POSSIBLE?! I pray you are all having a lovely Feb 1st and many blessings to you all this month.