Tuesday, March 13, 2012

7 quick things

1) Little L is on "spring break" from her MDO program this week and OH MY did I totally forget what it was like to have 2 kids without a break all week. HARD. I had to take the both of them grocery shopping with me today and guess what? NEVER AGAIN. It is pure chaos, I cannot handle the management of two tiny humans plus the responsibility of a long grocery list. Nuh-uh, no way. J is taking off tomorrow so we can take them to the zoo, though. (barring rain or something Texas-y like that)


2) I ordered a bikini for Puerto Rico.


Truthfully, I hate bikinis and I know I don't look great in them but I have never found a one piece that makes me feel good either. And my husband requested bikini. So. Bikini. (Oh and never you worry, I did procure a coverup, TOO)


I foresee myself spending little time in just the bikini and mostly wearing this adorable coverup over said bikini. I do keep a photo of the bikini on my iPhone for motivation to run/exercise every day, though. I gained 5 lbs since I relaxed from the MSPI diet and I am fairly certain all 5 are located square in my gut.


3) Did I mention I am exercising every day? Well, since last Thursday at least. So. About a week-ish of solid routine under my belt. We got the treadmill working (for what it is worth, it turned out to be an issue with the electrical wiring in the room it is in, NOT a treadmill problem) and I took myself out to buy new running shoes because I had put 500+ miles on my old pair and noticed my knee was aching in them anytime I ran the past few months. I also started back up with The.30.Day.Shred and seriously? It is no joke. I've done a lot of gym classes, bootcamps, etc over the years and that video hangs up there with the best of them.


4) I am extremely sore.


5) The baby is all of the sudden HUGE!!!! As in, I am really shocked at how big. She's pretty much sitting up all on her own (with the occasional face plant and screaming fest, naturally) and much to my chagrin, she is fitting just perfectly in all those 12 month size clothes that I JUST ordered for her. (I was hoping that stuff would last us through her birthday in July at least... HA). I haven't a clue what she weighs or how long she is, but I do know that she just looks so big and is getting ridiculously heavy to hold for long stretches of time. Which, of course, is how she likes to roll... in my arms... a lot of the time.


6) We started The Story at church last week and I am really loving it so far. It is basically the bible but written like a novel. It is a cool perspective and a great way for someone who is unfamiliar with the bible to jump in and learn. We also bought the little kid's version of it for Little L and and it is the special book we read one chapter from every Sunday night. Memories are made of this...


7) I've been cooking like CRAZY lately, trying to get back on a good grocery budget and add some new things to our repertoire. I'm not a great cook but I am a GREAT recipe follower, assuming the recipe speaks in regular human speak, not chef speak. (seriously, I looked at the Julia Child's cookbook once and shrunk back in to my hole of nothingness) ANYWAYS. Alicia posted this link last week and I tried 2 of the recipes from week one and they were both pretty darn good. I did the baked pesto chicken and the chili coke roast; the pesto chicken ESPECIALLY took big praise at the dinner table from both the regular diners here. I swapped out the french bread for a cesar salad and we ate like kings. YUM. I am planning to try a few new recipes from this site each week. I am going to post the winners here because I LOVE getting good recipes endorsed by people I actually know.


8) I have plans for a GIRLS NIGHT OUT on Friday and I could DIE, literally, just DIE FROM EXCITEMENT. We haven't left the kids with a sitter in almost 7 months and I haven't had a night out on my own in longer than I can remember. My best friend and I are going to have sushi! I haven't had sushi since before I got pregnant with S, so.... a year and a half plus? I can.not.wait.


THE END!

5 comments:

  1. I love that bikini. I was actually thinking of buying one the other day to motivate me to lose that last 10 lbs before we go to Cancun this year. I couldn't find one I liked enough to be good motivation, but I will keep looking.

    Doesn't it make you so sad when your babies fit into clothes that they shouldn't be able to yet? Mine is in 5T clothes and pushing out of them even! When I tell her to slow down her growing, she tells me no, and that she wants to get bigger than me. What the heck?!

    I hope you have an awesome time with the girls this weekend. Who am I kidding, of course you will! Enjoy the sushi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay bikini and that beautiful cover! you will be hot no matter what!!!

    yay recipes!! the pesto chicken is SUPER awesome hey! i also like the cola roast, i have made cola ribs though before and they were to DIE FOR! will send you the recipe :) we had the mexican salsa chicken tonight from that site. but i cut the chicken into little pieces so it cooked faster and added corn, then we pilled the chicken mixture onto rice and then scooped it all up into our mouths with nacho chips! IT WAS AMAZING! I also used spiced gouda cheese to add some kick, wow...good one!

    HAVE FUN! at your girls night! sounds awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love all of this. You're going to rock that bikini. And Puerto! Rico! so jealous. It will be glorious, you're going to come back so refreshed and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to rock that bikini, cover up or no cover up! I'm so excited for you (and jealous). What a wonderful time for you and your husband.

    I cannot believe how big S. is getting! Just think, when she outgrows it all, you can get more cute summer/fall stuff in the sales.

    Have a great time on your girls' night. You absolutely deserve it!

    I should look into this shred dvd for when my boot camp finishes. I think I would rather then just do things on my own steam and get running again (and oh yes, do I hear you on the difference new shoes make!), but I need some sort of guidance when it comes to weights/abs/strength training.

    xoxo
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am in LOVE with that coverup - seriously.

    you are going to look awesome in that bikini, girl. no question.

    and yay for GNO :)

    ReplyDelete